Waste and recycling
Everything you need to know about waste and recycling. Find your next bulk waste collection, where to take your waste or containers.
We ask that you:
• Keep clear of fences, trees and cars by at least 1 metre
• Place on the verge by 6am
• Place bins 0.5 metres apart
Missed collections: No need to worry – call us on 9727 0222
For new services or bin repairs please contact us via email at email@example.com
Be a GREAT Sort!
Landfill is the last resort.
Not sure what goes where?
Use our handy A to Z list to find what items can go in your rubbish, recycling and Fogo bin. If it can go in your bin – we’ll tell you where to take it.
Waste transfer station
>You can access our waste transfer station if you’re a resident or rate payer. You can access free and paid recycling and disposal services that aren’t included in your standard weekly bin collection.
The facility is eftops only. You can also use your tip passes.
We’ll accept household quantities of waste. We won’t accept commercial waste or large quantities. Household rubbish, junk and mixed wastes
- refuse bag (0.06 m3) $7.00
- wheelie bin (0.24 m3) $12.50
- car (0.5 m3) $21.00
- ute / trailer (0.64 m3) $25.50
- large ute / large trailer more than (0.64 m3) $36.00
- mattress (innerspring) $51.50
Scrap Metal (per item)
- car body, trailer or small boat $29.00
- truck body $51.50
- fridge or freezer non-degassed $15.50
- fridge degassed with certificate Free
- other scrap metal (including car batteries) Free
Electronic waste (per item)
- CRT or tube tv $15.50
- LCD or plasma tv or other large items $10.50
- other e-waste including computers Free
Green and wood waste:
- green waste per car, ute or trailer (6’ x 4’) $12.00
- wood waste per trailer (6’ x 4’) $12.00
- green waste per trailer with sides (Load size 1.0 – 2.5m3 $18.00
- green waste per trailer 8×5 $18.00
- green waste per Trailer 8×5 – with sides or small truck (Load size 2.5 – 5.0 m3) $35.00
- green waste per Truck (Load size > 5.0 m3) $50.00
- ute / trailer (6’ x 4’) $26.00
- rubble / m³ (clean rubble only) $46.00
Tyres (per item):
- car $13.50
- truck $26.00
- non-flattened boxes per ute / trailer (0.64m3) $10.50
- flattened boxes, cardboard and paper Free
Other waste (Free)
- glass bottles and jars
- comingled household recycling
- waste oil (no cooking oil)
- drum muster
- personal and car batteries
- Waste from shops, workshops, builders or commercial waste providers
Flammable and reactive waste:
- cooking oil
- gas bottles
- car LPG tanks
- cleaning solvents
Toxic and biohazards/infectious waste:
- medical waste
- quarantine wastes
- animal carcasses
- other animal wastes
- septic, sewerage or sanitary wastes
- farm chemical drums that contain residue
- household cleaning agents and chemicals
no sand or clean fill accepted
tyres on rims
- fluoro lights and more.
- wastes from non-shire residents or property owners
You’re responsible for moving waste from your vehicle to the bins. We don’t keep any machinery onsite to assist with removal.
The waste transfer station is open:
- Friday to Tuesday from 9.30am to 4.30pm
- all public holidays except Christmas Day and Good Friday.
We’re closed every Wednesday and Thursday.
Hard and green waste
Get rid of your household junk and bulk waste. Before you get started – here are a few things you should know…
1. Start time – waste must be on the verge before 7am of collection week.
2. Keep waste clear of reticulation, footpaths, fences, street signs and corners
3. Contractor – the contractor will only check your kerb once.
4. Don’t obstruct your normal bin service or the line of sight of pedestrians, cyclists and cars.
5. Don’t place your waste on vacant properties or reserves.
6. Green and Hard Waste should only be placed on your verge no earlier than 7 days prior to the collection date.
Verge side collection of green waste is undertaken twice a year in the residential areas of Boyanup, Capel, Dalyellup and Peppermint Grove Beach. Date of next collection: Monday 24 October 2022 to Friday 28 October 2022 We will collect: Trimmed trees or shrubs to a maximum length of 1.5 metres (5 feet) and a maximum width of 10cm (4 inches). We will not collect: Large tree trunks or stumps, branches or limbs longer than 1.5 metres (5 feet) or 10cm (4 inches) in diameter, household rubbish, treated wood products, cardboard boxes, plastic bags, junk, garden chemicals or associated products such as pots, soil, old reticulation etc.
Caravan/RV Dump Point
The Shire of Capel maintains a refuse dump point for effluent disposal from caravans, mobile homes and other vehicles.
Location: Buchanan Road, off Capel Drive
Access Code: 0104
If you have any issues using this facility please call the Shire on 9727 0222.
Please secure the lock on departure, the code is the same for the dump point and potable water. Please ensure nothing but effluent is disposed of in the dump point.