DAP –Development Application PA106/2022
Stock Feed Lot
About the proposal
Development application for a stock feed lot.
LOTS 3 , 801, 802 & 803 LOWRIE ROAD THE PLAINS
The development involves:
The Shire has received a development application to be determined by the Joint Development Assessment Panel for the use of Stock Feedlot at the above property. The development involves the following:
Development on Lot 3
- One indoor raised sheep induction shed (capacity 9,600 sheep) which has been constructed for the existing rural pursuit but is to be used as part of the fee lot operations.
- Use of an existing wool shed for feed lot operations.
- Use of an existing shearing shed for fee lot operations.
Development on Lot 802
- Two indoor raised sheep feed sheds with a combined capacity of 18,100 sheep and
- Run off dams and rainwater dams for induction shed and feed sheds.
Development on Lot 803
- Compost pad and evaporation pond.
- Up to 30 onsite and offsite personnel will be associated with the operation of the feed lot.
- Operating ten months of the year, 7 days a week, majority of staff working Monday to Friday.
- Access via Gavins Road to Lot 801 Lowrie Road.
- Approximately 32 truck movements and 60 light vehicle movements per week.
Share your feedback
Submission period has closed