Our identity – from historic buildings to unique landscapes. Our heritage shows our past and its impact on today.
Protecting our history
Our heritage list recognises important places and spaces. We categorise each item into a category based on its importance and significance.
Places of exceptional significance. Essential to the heritage of the locality. A rare or outstanding example.
Places of considerable significance that are very important to the heritage of the locality.
Places of exceptional and considerable significance from our heritage list.
Minninup Homestead 196 Mangles Road, Stirling Estate
Ludlow Forestry Houses Lot 1109 Ludlow Road North & Tuart Drive
Lexdon Park 166 Jamieson Road, Capel
Higgins Cut Lot 3216 Ludlow North Road
St Louis Catholic Church 80 Bridge Street, Boyanup
Boyanup Slab Hut 17172 South Western Highway, Boyanup
Lime Kilns Ludlow North Road A RHP
- Capel River Bridge Capel Drive
- Capel Tavern 96 Capel Drive
- Shire of Capel Office, Community Centre & Iluka Capel Public Library Cnr Capel Drive & Roe Road
- Road Board Office (fmr) 21 Forrest Road
- Roberts’ Store (fmr) 19 Properjohn Road
- Capel Post Office (fmr) 1 Buchanan road
- Stationmaster’s House (fmr) 13 Properjohn Road
- Capel RSL & War Memorial 7 Forrest Road
- Seventh Day Adventist Church 9 Scott Road
- Capel Primary School Barlee Road
- Capel Railway Bridge Capel River, north of Roe Road
- St Joseph’s Catholic Church 53 Capel Drive
- Capel Cemetery & Site of First School 68 Urquhart Road
- Ardenvale 1205 Goodwood Road
- 55 Minninup Homestead Group 195 Mangles Road, Stirling Estate
- Doungup 139 Doungup Road, Stirling Estate
- Rosemore 137 Boyanup West Road
- Stratham Park 243 Bourne Loop
- 1 Uniting Church 33 South Western Highway
- Shop – Elders Agency (fmr) 29 South Western Highway
- Bakery 23 South Western Highway
- Shop & Residence 21 South Western Highway
- St George’s Anglican Church 16 South Western Highway
- Boyanup General Store 8A South Western Highway
- Hurst Butcher Shop 100 Bridge Street
- Boyanup Tavern 104 Bridge Street
- Avenue of Oaks Bridge Street
- Granny Simmons’ House (fmr) & site: Staging Post 109 Bridge Street
- Boyanup Cemetery Payne Road
Is your property heritage listed? You’ll need planning approval to develop, alter or demolish a property that is heritage listed in category a or b. Applications will be assessed with our heritage places policy (PDF 182KB).