The Shire’s Health Services team monitors a range of accommodation that has potential to impact on the living standards and health of our community. This ensures a high standard of public health is maintained throughout the Shire.

Caravan Parks & Camping Grounds

Before you can take a Park Home onto a Caravan Park, or construct a rigid annexe, please contact the Shire’s Health Services for further information and to get a copy of the relevant application forms.

Lodging House

All premises used as lodging or boarding houses that accommodate more than six people (excluding the family of the operator) must be registered annually and comply with the Lodging House section of the Shire of Capel Health Local Laws. Please contact the Shire’s Health Services should you require further information on owning a lodging house.  Lodging houses do not include accommodation rented under the residential tenancies act or holiday homes with six or less persons. However any house is required to comply with relevant legal maintenance standards, in the first instance the occupier should contact the owner or the appointed property management before contacting the Shire to resolve any related concerns.

Public Buildings

A “public building” is a place where people may usually or occasionally assemble and includes places such as cinemas, theatres, hotels, taverns, bars, nightclubs, sporting arenas and may include large public events and shows.

To cater for public safety, these premises are assessed for their maximum occupancy based on a combination of area, amenity and exits.

Control of public buildings is under the provisions of the Health (Public Buildings) Regulations 1992. Please contact the Shire’s Health Services for further information on public buildings and the requirements under these regulations.