The Shire of Capel provides a range of community facilities, parks and reserves some of which can be hired for community use and events.
If you are planning a wedding, function or simply an informal get-together at one of the following venues, please ensure that you make a formal booking so that you are fully aware of what is permitted at each venue. By booking a venue the Shire can ensure that the location is not double-booked and that routine maintenance is not in progress.
All fees and charges are set according to the Council’s Schedule of Fees and Charges.
For all facilities, fees and charges please contact our customer service officers on 9727 0222.
- Application to Hire a Council Facility (PDF 134KB)
- Council Facility Hire Terms and Conditions (PDF 193KB)
- Application to consume alcohol at a Council Facility
- Application to Use a Spit Roast at a Council Facility
Council Buildings available for Hire
- Boyanup Hall – Hugh Kilpatrick Memorial Centre (PDF 2MB)
- Jack Mary KitchenCommunity Centre – Boyanup (PDF 1MB)
- Capel Community Centre (PDF 1MB)
- Capel RSL Hall
For Bookings contact Bruce Gardiner 0419044266.
- Elgin Community Hall
For bookings contact Loretta Roberts 9727 1923
- Peppermint Grove Beach Community Centre (PDF 1MB)
- Gelorup Community Centre (PDF 2MB)
- Dalyellup Community Centre (PDF 1MB)
- Capel Sports Pavilion
- Dalyellup Sports Pavilion
Parks & Reserves
CAPEL – Capel Map
- Erle Scott Reserve, Capel
- Capel Recreation Ground
- Wonil Park
- Murtin Park
- The Lakes
- McMillan Park
- Lawson Park
- Beach Park
- Gelorup Park
PEPPERMINT GROVE BEACH – Peppermint Grove Beach Map
- Peppermint Grove Beach
- Hardy Terrace Beach Access
- Barndi Walk Beach Access
- Hayfield Park
BOYANUP – Boyanup Map
- Fettlers Park
- Lions Park
- Boyanup Memorial Park
- Joshua Lake Park
Parks and Reserves Information
The Shire of Capel’s Parks and Public Open Spaces are maintained on a regular basis. However, if a park needs urgent attention please contact the Infrastructure & Development Services Team on 9727 0222.
This includes issues with street trees, reticulation, median strips and roundabout plantings, park toilets, lighting and rubbish bins.
The Shire of Capel have partnered with the Capel Community Bank Branch of Bendigo Bank and Bunbury Bus Hire, to offer a total 50% concession to community groups and sporting clubs that are based in the Shire of Capel.
Hire fees on a Sunday through to Friday are:
- 11 – 13 seater $130 per day (includes 10% discount)
- 21 seater $230 per day (includes 10% discount)
Hire fees on a Saturday are:
- 11-13 seater $150 per day (no discount)
- 21 seater $270 per day (no discount)
To be reimbursed for a further 40% discount, simply invoice the Shire and provide a copy of your receipt from Bunbury Bus Hire.