ROAD CLOSURES IN THE SHIRE OF CAPEL
BUNBURY OUTER RING ROAD (BORR) PROJECT
Section 3.50 Local Government Act 1995
The Shire of Capel has been advised that to facilitate the construction of the Bunbury Outer Ring Road (BORR) and associated connecting local roads, there are several road closures (temporary and permanent) within Gelorup that need to be implemented.
The South West Gateway Alliance (SWGA), undertaking the construction of the BORR project has advised a requirement for temporary long-term closures on Woods Road, Yalinda Drive, Eucalypt Drive, and Lillydale Road. A permanent closure is required on portions of Woods Road and Ducane Road where they intersect with the BORR. A portion of Lakes Road will also be permanently closed and realigned to connect with Bussell Highway.
In accordance with Section 3.50 of the Local Government Act 1995, notice is hereby given that:
- Between March 2023 and February 2024, portions of Woods Road, Yalinda Drive, and Eucalypt Drive will be temporarily closed.
- From March 2023, a portion of Woods Road between Banksia Road and Brockway Drive will be permanently closed where it intersects with BORR.
- From March 2023, a portion of Ducane Road will be permanently closed where it intersects with BORR.
- Between June 2023 and March 2024, a portion of Lillydale Road will temporarily close to allow for the construction of the Lillydale Road/Bussell Highway intersection.
- From July 2023, a portion of Lakes Road will be permanently closed. Lakes Road will reopen under a new alignment connecting to Bussell Highway.
Maps outlining the closures and detailing the suggested detours and alternative routes through Gelorup can be found by clicking here.
Access into and out of the affected properties will be maintained during the closures.
As a requirement of Section 3.50 of the Local Government Act 1995, the Shire of Capel requests comments from the community regarding the planned closures. Submissions will be received until 4.00pm on Wednesday, 8 February 2023.
Please forward your submissions to the Shire of Capel at email@example.com.
For any queries regarding the proposal, please contact the South West Gateway Alliance at 1800 979 770 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer