Expression of Interest Community Youth Representation (15-24)
The Shire of Capel invites expressions of interest for a community (youth) position on the Dalyellup Multipurpose Community and Youth Centre Working Group, in accordance with the terms of reference and project scope (see below).
Terms of Reference
The purpose of Working Group is to guide the project scope, including concept planning, community and stakeholder consultation, and draft design, to align with the objectives of the Business Case and the Financial Assistance Agreement (FAA).
- Shire President, Cr M Southwell (Chair);
- Council representatives, Cr Andrew & Cr Noonan (with Cr Mogg as a proxy member);
- The Local Member, Hon Don Punch, MLA, or his representative;
- Manager Community Infrastructure, DLGSCI, Clayton White;
- Regional Manager, DLGSCI, Troy Jones;
- CEO, Shire of Capel
- Director Infrastructure & Development, Shire of Capel
- Lisa O’Neill Community Member
- Invited guests, as required
Term of Appointment For up to two years.
Meetings As required
Reporting Directly to Council and project members
Project Scope (Draft)
The project scope is to plan, consult on and design and Multipurpose Community and Youth facility that includes:
- Multifunctional library including digital interfacing;
- A large meeting room / function venue (up to 100 people);
- Entry / foyer / reception lobby;
- Office space for staff;
- Public toilets, utility rooms and storage;
- Youth space including digital hub space;
- Senior citizens club space and activity rooms; and
- Shared commercial kitchen.
This project is to compliment the adjoining Skate Park and will share common features such as car park, landscaping, passive recreation facilities (e.g. bins and benches), service utilities, drainage and more.
To express an interest in being appointed to this working group please complete the Expression of Interest form and email via firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your suitability for consideration outlining relevant experience and / or qualifications. Key considerations are as follows:
- Experience working or volunteering in a Youth or Community services related field;
- Experience in the community or private sector of being on a committee or board;
- Knowledge / and or experience of the issues facing the community of Dalyellup in terms of service / and or facility provision.
The closing date for the receipt of expressions of interest by the Shire of Capel is Friday 27 August 2021 before 4pm.