Recently the Shire of Capel celebrated the outstanding contribution of many of our Bushfire Brigade Volunteers during a Bushfire Medals ceremony. Held at the Capel Community Centre, over 80 volunteers and their loved ones attended a ceremony and dinner to congratulate individuals on their service medals.
The evening was MC’d by Shire Councillor Ashley Dillion, with speeches and presentations made by Shire President Doug Kitchen, DFES representative Andrew Wright and Shire Chief Bush Fire Control Officer Chris Scott.
Medals were awarded for 5 yr – 55 yrs of service, as well as National Medals and Clasps were presented. Notably,
- 50 Year Service Medals were presented to:
- Murray Scott – Elgin BFB, Barry Bell –Elgin BFB, Terry Bell Elgin BFB, Christopher Scott – Elgin BFB
- 55 Year Service Medals were presented to:
- Norman Skippings – Medal Set – Elgin BFB
- Trevor Bates – Clasp – Boyanup BFB
- Frederick Wetherall – Clasp – Boyanup BFB
Also receiving their National 4th Clasp was:
- Frederick Wetherall – 4th Clasp – Boyanup BFB
- Trevor Bates – 4th Clasp – Boyanup BFB
Representatives from Boyanup BFB, Gelorup BFB, Capel BFB, Stirling BFB and Elgin BFB were on hand to collect medals from volunteers who were unable to attend on the evening.