- Rebate participants must be residents within the Geographe Bay Catchment listed below. Applicants must provide proof of residency within one of these suburbs. Either a driver’s license with your full name and address or a lease agreement, rates notice, or utility bill with your full name and address and dated within 3 months of the registration submission.
Geographe Bay Catchment area;
Peppermint Grove Beach
- The rebate is available to participants seeking to install new enclosures only. Repairs or upgrades to existing enclosures will not be covered by the rebate.
- The intention of the rebate is to incentivise a complete enclosure installation which serves to adequately contain your companion cat safely without escaping. Receipts and enclosure design plans need to show that you are installing a complete enclosure. Receipts for individual components of an enclosure such as a cat door or a cat enrichment apparatus will not be covered by the rebate on their own.
- The design should allow for your cat to freely access the enclosure from the main dwelling at its own will. Enclosures where the owner must take the cat to the enclosure will not be supported by the rebate. See more in point 9 ‘free standing enclosures’.
- Rebate participants have the option to install an enclosure as a do it yourself (DIY) project or to engage the installation services of a contractor. Find some helpful DIY links on our website. Find a supplier list of DIY materials here. See a list of contractor suggestions servicing the Geographe Bay Catchment on our website.
- The rebate is available to current and soon-to-be cat owners. You may be seeking to transition your existing indoor/outdoor cat into a safe and enclosed environment. Or you may be seeking to create a space in preparation for adopting/beginning to care for a new cat.
- Fence rollers, angled fence brackets and other fence extension/protrusion mechanisms will not be supported by this rebate.
- Cat enclosures must utilise permeable materials such as cat net to be eligible. Enclosures featuring impermeable materials such as polycarbonate sheets will not be supported by the rebate.
- Free standing enclosures are eligible for the rebate if you can demonstrate the design allows for your cat to freely access the enclosure from the main dwelling at its own will. For example, through a cat flap and tunnel. Free standing enclosures where the owner must take the cat to the enclosure will not be supported by the rebate.
- GeoCatch reserves the right to refuse part or all of a request for a rebate at its own discretion.
This project is delivered by GeoCatch through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program and Shire of Capel, in partnership with South West Catchments Council.