Governance & legal
Our governance framework guides our decision-making process by creating effective systems, processes, policies and practices.
Delegations help us make our daily decisions in a timely and consistent manner. Under the Local Government Act 1995, the Council can delegate authority and powers to the CEO. The CEO can then delegate power or duties to employees.
We review our delegations register annual – this register shows who has authority or power for day-to-day decisions.
Freedom of information
Apply through freedom of information (FOI) for access to documents such as written materials, plans, films or copies of emails.1
Here’s what you need to get started…
2. Provide enough detail
We need this to process your request.
3. We’ll be in touch
We’ll contact you within 45 days after we’ve verified your information.
How much does it cost?
There’s no charge to access your personal information.
Fee’s apply for all other information – we can provide a price estimate.
- $30 application fee
- $30 p/h staff time
- 40c per page for A4 and 70c per page for A3 copies
- Postage as required.
What information can I access?
We’ll try to accommodate your request but may not provide documents with:
- other personal information
- information that could give you a business advantage
- information where disclosure would not be in the public interest.
Can I appeal a decision?
If you don’t agree with our response, you can appeal it through the Office of the Australian information Commissioner.
We have local laws in place to protect public health, safety, or amenity and govern what happens on shire owned land.
We oversee and enforce our local laws which do not duplicate or contradict a state or federal law.
- Activities in thoroughfares and public places and trading (PDF 230KB)
- Bush fire brigades (PDF 140KB)
- Cats (PDF 202KB)
- Cemeteries (PDF 103KB)
- Dogs (PDF 226KB)
- Extractive industries (PDF 339KB)
- Fencing (PDF 122KB)
- Health (PDF 416KB)
- Local government property (PDF 208KB)
- Parking and parking facilities (PDF 182KB)
- Standing orders (PDF 217KB)
- Thoroughfares (PDF 230KB)
- Waste (PDF 223KB)
Not what you're looking for?
Get in touch with a member of the team